viernes, julio 01, 2005

Diálogos cinematográficos (DC I)

BUD
Why the fuck are you doing this? The Nite Owl made you. You want to tear all that down?


EXLEY
With a wrecking ball. You want to help me swing it?

(L.A. Confidential, Script by Brian Helgeland)

***

(Este me recuerda mucho la vez que me ofrecieron matrimonio. Los hombres son superchistosos)

JARETH

You've come a long way, little girl.

SARAH looks out at the labyrinth.

SARAH

I certainly have.

She turns to face him.

JARETH

Yes, I can see it in your eyes. No one else has ever made it this far in the labyrinth, no one else has ever been worthy ...

He takes her hand and brings it to his lips. She smiles down at him.

SARAH

What's your offer?

JARETH

Why, everything ... you'll rule by my side.

SARAH

Everything? The chance to spend my life surrounded by repulsive goblins ... the chance to torment innocent creatures ...

JARETH (shaking his head)

... the chance to never have a care in the world, to never have to do anything that you don't want to do.

SARAH looks at him.

SARAH

Anything else?

JARETH (smiling):

Why, me. Of course.

(Labyrinth, Script by Laura Phillips and Terry Jones)

***

LEBOWSKI

It's funny. I can look back on a life of achievement, on challenges met, competitors bested, obstacles overcome. I've accomplished more than most men, and without the use of my legs. What. . . What makes a man, Mr. Lebowski?

DUDE

Dude.

LEBOWSKI

Huh?

DUDE

I don't know, sir.

LEBOWSKI

Is it. . . is it, being prepared to do the right thing? Whatever the price? Isn't that what makes a man?

DUDE

Sure. That and a pair of testicles.

(The Big Lebowski, Script by Joel and Ethan Coen)