viernes, noviembre 25, 2005


Just watched American Splendor on HBO. I mean, I had seen it before and all, yet it stroke me in a very different way today.
I suppose it's a strange combination between this chilly weather (it's fucking freezing in "el cerro") and some recent events that left my heart all scraped.

I can't believe how much truth in all those scenes, specially the one where Harvey tells the story of the other two 'Harveys' on the phone book.
He feels deeply sad when they both die without ever knowing them, just because they had the same name and he felt, for some time of his life, that they were strangely connected. I wonder if that's not how we all relate to others, --in some way or another--.
"What's in a name?" "Who is Harvey Pekar?" Is it enough to have a retirement cake, is it enough to win prizes, to kiss your wife goodbye, to walk your child to the bus?
What's in a dream?
Why can't it be enough?

Sadness and boredom can be extremely beautiful.